Published Date: 05/12/2014
By Sherry Hubbard-Bednasz
Did you know that significant job enhancements have been made to this year’s NC Wage & Salary Survey?
CAI recognizes that a valuable compensation survey must grow and evolve to continue to be representative of the market. This means periodic review of job families and individual jobs offered in the survey. After last year’s survey closed, we requested feedback from Wage & Salary Survey supporters. The collected response exceeded expectations and we invested the time and research to make those improvements that would accommodate our members on the whole.
What job enhancements have been made? Quite a few!
First, two major job families have been redesigned: Information Technology and Engineering. Last year, we recognized the need to expand both of these job families, adding more specific subfamilies and job levels including updated descriptions.
For example, new job enhancements in Information Technology include:
- Addition of IT Project Manager
- Applications Development jobs including two levels of Application Developer/Programmer plus addition of Manager position
- Systems Analysis jobs including two levels of Applications Programming Analyst plus addition of Manager position
- Enhanced Network subfamily including Network Administrator and Systems Administrator
- Addition of Web subfamily with levels and enhanced User Support subfamily with levels
New job enhancements in Engineering include:
- New subfamily for Civil, Environmental & Industrial Engineering
- New subfamily for Design & Electrical Engineering including two levels for engineers and technicians
- Addition of Engineering Project Manager and VP of Engineering
- Redesigned Manufacturing/Processing subfamily including two levels for engineers and technicians
- Addition of Sales/Applications Engineering subfamily and Software Engineering subfamily
Second, the Healthcare job family has been redesigned. We have nearly doubled the number of jobs offered in this subset, paying careful attention to expansion of administrative and support positions (such as Medical Assistant and Medical Billing Coordinator), adding advanced care positions (such as Physician), differentiating Registered Nurse by place of employment (Hospital/Physician Practice/Long-Term Care), expanding social services and adding therapy jobs.
Third, we added more corporate positions, executive positions and trending jobs to compliment what we already offered. For example and by popular demand, Project Manager (Non-Technical), Business Development Manager, and Social Media Representative have all been added to this year’s survey. Are you a Not For Profit organization? We have that job family now covered, too!
Survey invitations were emailed to designated survey contacts on April 30th. The survey will close on May 23rd. Has YOUR organization participated? Contact the CAI Survey Team today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.