Published Date: 05/12/2014
By George Ports
A question frequently asked about forklift operator training is how often does OSHA require refresher training to be conducted? According to OSHA, refresher training is required when:
- The operator has been observed to operate the vehicle in an unsafe manner.
- The operator has been involved in an accident or near-miss incident.
- The operator has received an evaluation that reveals that the operator is not operating the truck safely.
- The operator is assigned to drive a different type of truck.
- A condition in the workplace changes in a manner that could affect safe operation of the truck.
- An evaluation of each powered industrial truck operator’s performance shall be conducted at least once every three years.
For additional information regarding forklifts including operator training, go to http://j.mp/FL-T.