Recent News Articles
CAI Welcomes New Association Members in April
The End of an Era: Martha Baldwin Retires from CAI
Hot off the Presses – Preliminary Base Pay Increases from CAI Wage Survey
NC Pays Off $2.8 Billion UI Debt to Feds
How to Stop Poor Performance From Draining your Company
Positive Attitude Leads to Success
From the CEO's Desk: Good Managers pay attention to behavior and attitude
Someone retiring? How to Capture Their Knowledge
Sometimes I feel like I am selling fear...
You Might As Well Laugh About It
The U.S. Signed Agreements To Teach Immigrants Unionization Rights
When Can an Employee Resignation Result in Unemployment?
From the CEO's Desk: Why managers shouldn’t avoid tough conversations
Are you keeping pace with the market for STEM Job Compensation?
No Cost / Low Cost Summer Benefits to Keep Employees Engaged
How to Handle Unemployment and Workers’ Compensation for Undocumented Workers
ALERT: OFCCP Directive on Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity effective April 16, 2015!
When Are You Required to Pay Interns?
It has been said, "Your attitude today determines your success tomorrow." A positive attitude can be a very critical component of the overall success of anything you do in life. One of the first things people notice about you is your attitude. It is also one of the things about you that people remember. Therefore, it is important to be positive and exemplify positive behaviors. Most people want to be around someone with a positive attitude. It will improve and increase both your personal and business relationships, create interest from prospective clients and vendors and is a sought-after quality of people in leadership positions. You can make the difference in succeeding because:
- You have the ability to choose your own destination and how you will get there. Use your energy and attitude as fuel to drive forward.
- You are accountable for your own actions. Do not blame others when something goes wrong. Learn from it, and move ahead, wiser than before.
- You can accomplish anything with a positive attitude and confidence in your own abilities. Look ahead and see your goals ahead of you. Now, reach.
- You are leading by example. As an optimistic leader, you can motivate people to create success for themselves, as well as for your company. Successful people are often surrounded by other successful people.
- You repel negative energy. Gandhi once said, “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” Stay away from negative people who detract from your success and rob you of the energy you need to focus on your business.
- You are a problem solver. When faced with a problem, do not spend time nor energy complaining about it. Solve it instead. Most problems have multiple solutions, which can yield different outcomes. Reason through it and select the solution that works best for what you are trying to achieve.
- You are grateful for any good fortune or positive turn of events. It is difficult to be stressed and thankful at the same time. Humility is a very calm state of mind and can free your thoughts to focus on next steps toward your goals.
- You know why your business is important. Many business owners have their own reasons for starting a company. Some are obvious reasons, while others are not. Stay on your course and keep sight of your reasons for going that extra mile, taking that extra step.
- You represent and reflect the company. Employees of your company, your competitors and your business associates see the company when they see you. Your focus reflects the company focus and that of those who will help you to achieve your goals.
If you have questions about assisting your organization, please contact a member of CAI’s Advice and Resolution