Beginning January 22nd, all employers are required to utilize the new Form I-9. The new form was created to reduce confusion and the resulting technical errors by both employers and employees. This new form can be completed digitally and contains pull-down menus, imbedded calendars and the like.
However, employers who complete the new Form I-9 online using Adobe Reader or other PDF reader, will still be required to print the form, procure handwritten signatures and store in a safe and accessible place. Furthermore, employers will also need to monitor re-verifications and updates with a calendaring system. You will also have to use E-Verify as a separate system. You can read more about the new form at the USCIS website; https://www.uscis.gov/i-9.
If this system still sound complicated to you, CAI has an easier solution. Our Form I-9 service offers a version of the electronic Form I-9 that allows you to complete and store your I-9s paperless, and with the assurance that you are filling out the form in a compliant manner.
In addition to the electronic I-9, our system can seamlessly incorporate E-Verify.
Highlights of our service include:
- Electronically complete, sign and store the Form I-9.
- Real time validation of data entered into the Form I-9.
- Instant Employment Authorization.
- Expiration Notices – Email notification of an employee's expiring work authorization is sent out before it becomes a problem.
- No servers or software to install or maintain.
- Easy Searching – Search for stored forms to export, or print the PDF.
- Audit Log – All actions (creation, view and print) relating to a form are tracked in the audit log.
- Multiple permission levels for increased security.
- Duplication Alert – User is notified when entering a form for an employee who already has a form on file, thus preventing employees from using the same SSN.
- Remote employee authorization - we have notaries around the country who can verify documents.
- Great Customer Service – You know and trust us, we are just a phone call or email away.